Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20, 2011 Born to be Mild

My friend Susan says she never reads blogs because people don’t write what they really think in case they ever run for office.  I guess Susan expects that people are thinking extreme thoughts and coming up with extreme ideas and then toning them down for communication. (Susan didn’t actually say this, it’s just my interpretation of her original comment).
Maybe I do that.  But I’m not really sure.  Considering how little tact I have I’ve always thought I didn’t tone down what I think, I just blurt it out.  What I think just seems to come spurting out of my mouth and I’m left there thinking “I can’t believe I just said that.”  This happens to me at least once a day.
This is why I don’t think I could ever run for political office.
Here’s the thing:  if I cared enough to run for political office, I’d live, breathe, and eat politics.  But if you’ve noticed, although my blog title suggests that I’m going to write solely about politics, I’m just as likely to write about my cats or my lack of internet skills.
Maybe what Susan meant to say is that she doesn’t read blogs because most of them are BORING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment